Inaugural Youth Scholarship Program
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation (PBCSF) is pleased to announce the recipients of its inaugural Youth Scholarship Program. Ten Palm Beach County high school seniors, all of whom were nominated by a sworn employee of the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, received $1,000 scholarships for their freshman year of college. Each scholarship is renewable for up to 4 years of college or trade school. After 4 years, the PBCSF Youth Scholarship Program will be distributing $40,000 a year in scholarships.
Here is our first class of scholarship winners:
- David Bannister, Jr., Royal Palm Beach High School, Methodist University
- Michael Brisson, Park Vista Community High School, University of Central Florida
- Jennifer Bronson, Olympic Heights Community High School, Palm Beach State College
- Ismael Cardona, Santaluces Community High School, Palm Beach State College
- Christina Casseus, Glades Central High School, Florida Atlantic University
- Yaret Diaz, Glades Central High School, Florida Atlantic University
- Sydney Hill, Boca Raton Community High School, University of Central Florida
- Anisa Kornegay, Seminole Ridge Community High School, University of South Florida
- Kemara Moody, Crossroads Academy, Valencia College
- Jesse Sutcliffe, Santaluces Community High School, Palm Beach State College
The students received their scholarships and were recognized at our 3rd Annual Mallets & Chukkers Fundraiser on 3/22/15 at the International Polo Club in Wellington. Over 100 guests and supporters enjoyed the memorable IPC event, which included a PBSO K-9 demonstration, a lavish brunch and world-class polo. Sheriff Ric Bradshaw had the honor of presenting each student with his or her scholarship.
Quote from Rick Seymour, Chairman of the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation: “I am very excited about our new Youth Scholarship Program…we received dozens of applications. As a charitable organization, we want to give back to the community, and what better way is there to do that than by helping students further their education. We look forward to assisting another group of deserving students next year.”